Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO)
At Aron Alpha, we supply a broad selection of industrial instant adhesives for a variety of industrial and commercial applications. One of the core markets for our cyanoacrylate adhesives is the maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) industry.
What Are Cyanoacrylates?
Cyanoacrylates—commonly known as superglue or under the brand name Krazy Glue®—are fast-drying adhesives. They form instant and strong adhesive bonds between substrates (e.g., metal, plastic, wood, rubber, and ceramic) when brought into contact with water, including that which is found in the air (i.e., humidity). This makes them ideal for use on a spectrum of surfaces and in many environments.
Explore more information about cyanoacrylates below:
How Are Cyanoacrylates Used in the Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Industry?
Because of their fast cure time and strong adhesive bonds, cyanoacrylates are ideal for use in maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) applications. They enable users to create durable and reliable joints that prevent assembly failure, extend equipment life, and increase production consistency. Examples of typical uses for these adhesives in the MRO industry include:
- Preventing the loosening of threaded fasteners (e.g., nuts and bolts) caused by fatigue failure, shock, thermal cycling, and vibrations
- Minimizing or eliminating the risk of equipment leaks caused by pressure fluctuations, thermal cycling, and vibrations
- Ensuring components (e.g., fittings and flanges) remain correctly aligned and tightly sealed within an equipment assembly
- Securing aftermarket components (e.g., nameplates) to equipment
- Repairing damaged components of equipment (e.g., conveyor belts)
What Are the Advantages of Using Cyanoacrylates for Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Applications?
In addition to curing rapidly at room temperature and forming strong and durable adhesive bonds, cyanoacrylates offer many other advantages when used in maintenance, repair, and operations applications. These include:
- Broad material suitability. Cyanoacrylates are available in many formulations, which vary in composition and characteristics to suit different needs. They can also be custom-formulated, if the manufacturer offers the capability (as we do at Aron Alpha). They come in numerous viscosities to form strong adhesive bonds between various materials and surfaces, such as metals, plastics, elastomers, woods, and ceramics, even if they are dissimilar.
- Easy application and removal requirements. Cyanoacrylates are easy to apply and quick to cure. They are one-part adhesives, meaning they can be applied and cured without adding a catalyst compound. If a mistake occurs during the application or curing stage, they can be easily removed. The best method of removal depends on the substrate. For example, you can use acetone to remove the adhesive from skin, fabric, glass, and metal or a scraper and hammer to remove the adhesive from stronger and scratch-resistant surfaces.
- Minimal toxicity. While irritation or aggravation can occur in humans due to skin contact, inhalation, or ingestion of cyanoacrylates, the adhesives rarely cause severe injury or illness. In fact, the toxicity level of cyanoacrylates is so low it is commonly used to close wounds in the medical industry.
- Compatibility with automation technology. Due to their fast cure times, cyanoacrylates can be used in automated dispensing systems to promote faster assembly operations.
Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Cyanoacrylates at Aron Alpha
At Aron Alpha, we are committed to providing customers with the most comprehensive line of adhesive products for their assembly needs. Our cyanoacrylate adhesives find application in a wide range of industries, including the maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) industry. Designed for high bond strength and fast cure time, customers can rely on them to secure and seal a variety of parts and products.
Equipped with over 50 years of industry experience, highly skilled and knowledgeable team members, and ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certification, we have what it takes to provide the ideal adhesive solution for nearly any application. To learn more about our cyanoacrylates for MRO applications, contact us or submit a request for information today.